Tatton Park’s Foodies Festival (dubbed “Gastro-Glasto”) is attracting a lot of attention as it celebrates its return with an all-star guest lineup of celebrity chefs and chart-topping music stars.
The Foodies Festival is the biggest touring gourmet food festival in the UK, featuring MasterChef champions, Great British Bake-Off stars and The Great British Menu, Michelin-starred chefs and platinum-selling musicians.
Liam Rogers, said: I’m super excited to be cooking at Foodies Festival and to be back in Cheshire. It’s a great chance for me to showcase my food to a great audience and interact with some lovely people!
Jemma Melvin, winner of the Jubilee Platinum Pudding Competition at London’s Foodies Festival said: “I am such a fan of the Foodies Festival and I love the one in my local area at Tatton Park. It’s quite surreal to think that this year I’ll be on the other side of the demo stage with one of my own creations!”
Dan Hipgrave from Toploader, said: “We are properly excited to be performing at this years Foodies Festival in Tatton Park. What more could a band want than a stage to perform on in a beautiful setting, awesome food and free flowing drinks in the sunshine. Bring it on and see you there!”
The festival will feature chefs from Michelin-starred and award-winning restaurants, including Brazilian chef and star of Great British Menu 2022 Caroline Martins, from Sao Paulo in Manchester, chef-patron Adam Reid of the 4 AA Rosette award-winning The French at the Midland Hotel, and Aiden Byrne from The Church Green in Lymm.
Foodies Festival director, Sue Hitchen, said: “We are delighted to be returning to Tatton Park this summer. The festival has become a meeting point for friends and family to enjoy a great weekend of delicious food, live music and fun.”
- Ready Steady Chef! Celebrity chefs from TV’s biggest cooking shows will once again compete against each other, turning up the heat in the Chefs’ Theatre. Presented with a bag of surprising ingredients chosen by their competitors, it will be an exciting and often hilarious race against the clock to create the best dish and to win the public vote.
- Meet the authors and discover new recipes in the Cook Book Shop – with celebrity signings and top chefs’ showcasing their latest cookbooks.
- Go Global and browse the very latest world food trends in the Shopping Village and try exotic and unusual new dishes on Street Food Avenue. The incredible range includes tantalising delicacies from all four corners of the globe.
- World Chilli Eating Champion Shahina Waseem will join the tour and challenge those brave enough to compete. Competitions will be broadcast live across the world to huge ‘League of Fire’ audiences.
- Joe Wadsack, drinks expert from BBC TV’s ‘Food and Drink’ series will share his passion and advice in the Drinks Theatre, alongside many other experts presenting masterclasses. Visitors can take part in Cocktail Making, and Champagne, Beer, Cider and Wine tasting.
- Keeping the children entertained – an opportunity for the youngsters to get creative in the Kids Cookery School, hosted by Foodies SuperChefs. And for those little (and big!) thrill-seekers, a funfair, sand art, toy stalls, face painting and family-friendly areas with activities.
- Supporting rising talent – the Musicians Against Homelessness stage will feature over 40 superb artists across the weekend, with the best of local bands and an introduction to exciting new acts from across the UK.
- Plant-based cooking will be well represented, with delicious dishes and produce available. The Cake & Bake Theatre will be showcasing the best of vegan baking with tips and tricks from professionals.